Most driveways in Canada are made with asphalt. Asphalt has a hard life. Summer heat causes it to expand. Winter cold causes asphalt to shrink and U.V. rays dry it out. This movement causes cracks and small openings to appear in the coating, allowing fuel, water and other damaging materials to penetrate. As moisture, heat, and ultra-violet sunlight deteriorate exposed pavement, the need for expensive repaving or repairs is accelerated.
In Ontario, there are many choices to keep your driveway looking and performing well. There are many retail do-it-yourself solutions that never seem to last and look good. And, there are always companies/guys knocking on doors with a “cheap” $150 water-diluted reseal or re-coat solution that will look good for a couple of months, but not protect you from deterioration or the elements. Most of these solutions just put a mild blend of carcinogenic tar back into the asphalt as a very temporary fix.
Sierra Stone West has looked long and hard over the years for a superior solution for asphalt drive issues and protection from deterioration. The product we use is a proprietary blend that can seal and waterproof your asphalt (broken down from wear, weather and UV rays) that can also expand and contract with the pavement surface, allowing the material to better protect and prolong the service life of your asphalt.
It is like coating your drive with a pure rubber weatherproof membrane that puts a lasting layer of protection on top of your drive so the elements and UV rays do not penetrate to affect the asphalt under. Your asphalt will last for many years and remain black in colour.
What does it mean to you?
- Extend the life expectancy per application – 5-25 years
- Extends the life of pavement by over 30% and beyond with regular maintenance
- Lower maintenance and it maintains its black and “brand new” look
- Provides a waterproofing membrane that guards against asphalt deterioration
- Maintains flexibility and adhesion in both high and low temperature ranges so you are protected with our Canadian seasons for years to come